ico-fb-hd  ico-instagram-hd  ico-youtube-hd

Since 1896 The Gentlemen of Building Removal    



red arrow


red arrow


red arrow


red arrow





icon choose-828 Choose


You can purchase a house directly from us which will have the delivery included in the price (unless stated otherwise). Most often these buildings are situated in our yard in Hamilton which you can walk around at your leisure and compare.

Go to the Relocatable Homes For Sale to see what we currently have available. If we have not currently got what you are looking for in stock, you can contact us with your request and we will email you back when something similar comes available. You may know of someone who is selling a house for removal privately, in which case we are more than happy to price for the relocation portion only. When buying privately, establish with the vendor who is obtaining the demolition consent allowing the house to be removed, which is required by some councils (especially if in heritage areas), who is responsible for disconnecting the services (power, sewer, water, phone, gas, etc), who is providing egress from the site, eg. Removing trees and fences and also who is clearing the site after the house is gone. Also find out when the house must be gone from the site and that you have enough time to get consents. If not the house might have to come via our yard.

When choosing a building removal company, make sure you select a well established firm with a good reputation. Ask around, chances are someone you know will be able to recommend a company. Make sure also, that you are comparing apples with apples – do all of the companies include insurance for the full duration of the contract (including contract works, transit and public liability and for how much), do they include fixing the piles to the bearers, etc?

icon buy-28 Buy

Once you have decided on which house you want, Jack House Transit Ltd would like to see the site that you want to put the building onto. This is so we can identify what problems that may arise such as access to the site and type of foundations required to hold the building in place.

You will then need to sign a contract with us (which will be explained fully in person) and pay a deposit of 20%. 

Once that is completed, it is time to arrange a Building Inspector. Your local Councils requires a Building Inspectors approval to move the house. The usual fee is between $130.00 to $400.00. If the building is denied by the Council, all monies paid to us will be refunded. A Building Inspector makes sure that buildings adhere to building laws and regulations. For more information, head to Consumer Build website at 


icon consent-174 Consents

Most councils are happy for used buildings to be relocated into their district, but will require a “resite report”, where a building inspector or consultant views the building and does a basic report stating that they are happy with the basic condition of the building and what improvements need to be undertaken after the building arrives on site. A time limit of 6 – 12 months is normally allowed to complete the work as outlined in the report. The report generally costs $150 – $400 plus travel if council do it themselves or $300 - $600 if a private entity is to do the inspection. Some councils require their own inspectors to view, others allow a council inspector who is closer to the house to view if you are some distance away, and some will allow a private builder or consultant to complete the report. This report will form part of your consent application to council and can be done at the start while you are having your plans drawn up. Ask your local council for a resite report form (councils often have their own names for these reports, eg. Inspection of a Second Hand Building).

All buildings will require a building consent. Councils each have their own application form which will need to be filled in with appropriate information. Along with the form you will need to submit a current CT (Certificate of Title – which can be obtained from Land Information New Zealand or your lawyer should have a copy if the land was recently purchased or purchase online from www.qv.co.nz or www.zoodle.co.nz. It helps to get the "diagram" version) and various drawings drawn to scale including a floor plan, site plan, drainage plan and foundation plan with bracing calculations. Photos taken from each side with heights shown should suffice as elevations. More drawings will need to be provided if you are adding to or altering the building.
For more information, head to the Department of Building and and Housing "A Beginner's Guide to Resource and Building Consent Processes" on their website. It can be found at 

Many councils (eg. Hamilton CC, Auckland CC, Waikato DC, etc), but not all (eg. Western Bay of Plenty DC, Hauraki DC, Waipa DC in some cases, etc), require a resource consent for relocated buildings as well, so make sure you ask your local council if one will be required. Often the drawings completed for the building consent will be sufficient. Sometimes there is an extra form to fill out and fee to pay also. Waipa District Council in most cases will require you to get your neighbour’s permission in writing (although this may be changing in the future).

The drawings for consent applications are normally drawn by a draughtsperson or architect. Some of the drawings may be able to be completed by a builder.  A Licensed Building Practitioner (Design) will now be required to sign off nearly all consent applications. Maybe some exceptions for small buildings or garages. You will also need to supply Council with the Licensed Building Practitioner (Carpentry) number for the building and foundation work. Please ask us for our LBP numbers to put on the building consent application.

Some councils are now requiring engineering geotec reports (to test the stability of the soil for foundations and/or for effluent drainage for a septic tank (in rural areas)) to be done as part of the building consent application. Likewise a few Councils are now requiring soakage tests for stormwater disposal (ie. some encourage soak holes now instead of hooking up to the Council mains, so tests are required to prove whether the soakage on your site is good enough or if you have water tanks, then the distance and size of the overflow trenches required).

Building consents should be approved within 20 working days after all the information is received by council and resource consents should also be approved within 20 working days after all the information is received by council. At times, many councils struggle with a lack of staff so consents can take a bit longer, although this also depends on the number of applications they are dealing with at any one time. Councils will also often come back with questions about the consents (or even simple things such as missing page numbers on drawings!, in which case they stop the clock and don't start it again until all new or revised information is "officially" received. So don't be surprised if your consent actually takes 5 - 6 weeks or longer if it takes a while to get the information back to Council.

Don't worry though, we can guide you through the process - it is not as difficult as it looks!


icon shift-730 Shift

Once you had approval of all your consents for your home, it is important that all approved and stamped plans and documents by the respective Council is to be forwarded to Jack House Transit Ltd. It is only then that your home can be entered onto our moving schedule. We will then programme your house for removal but it is dependent on our current workload so please allow three to ten weeks for lead-in. You will also need to make your last payment ten days prior to removal. Jack House Transit Ltd will then resite your home and this is usually completed within two to six days.

icon after-45 After

When the house has been completely resited, put on foundations and given the green light from the Building Inspector, it is then time for you and your family to move into your new home. 



Opening hours on-site for viewings are 9.00am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday.

Ring any of these numbers if you live in:
(07) 843 7006  Hamilton
(09) 358 4462  Auckland
(07) 871 4275   Te Awamutu
(07) 378 4250 Taupo
We are located in Hamilton.



We are located behind Bunnings South.

21 Quentin Drive
Hamilton 3204
New Zealand

                           sc youtube